Then, he wanted to hold the bowl too but he kept spilling the taho so hubby suggested that I give him an empty plastic bowl to play with. Inspiration struck me as I got the bowl from the kitchen, I poured some cheerios into the bowl. I figured, it would be good practice for him to actually scoop some up.
At first he played with the cheerios, mixing it around in his little bowl. Then later, he grew tired of the spoon and threw it away. So he started picking the cheerios a few at a time with his hand and then he'd throw them away... I tried to catch and eat the cheerios but it was tiring (and made me feel like I was a trained animal - ugh!) so I went to him and just asked him to feed me the cheerios.
And then, it happened! He put the cheerios in his mouth... ate them... and got another... and ate it again. He was snacking by himself.
We were so happy. So proud.
This is long-overdue, Swe-cha had always had a thing for finger foods, he loves to throw it away but he will eat it if you feed it to him.
---
edit: seems like there is a certain drawback to him wanting to feed himself. Last night, I was undressing him for his bath when he suddenly bent down, reached for something and ate it. I was too stunned to react but fortunately, his Dad saw what he picked up & ate, it was a cheerio. It must have lodged in the cuff of his pants and fell off when I was undressing him. *whew*.
Now, really have to make sure we pick up stray cheerios on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment