Saturday, October 30, 2010

Night feeding update

I lost count of the days since we started training because we've stopped and started a few times already and we would even skip days when Swe-cha isn't feeling well. In general, though, it has been a month since we first started (the Playtex nipples) and probably roughly on the 2 week mark when it comes to eliminating the night feeding. We've spent a few days working on stretching the times in between milk bottles, hoping that the longer he can go between bottles will help eliminate the one remaining bottle in the middle of the night (3a).

Things are going good so far. We're giving him the bottle every 5 hrs now, with the exception of the 1st morning bottle. I'm happy to report that while I used to be happy when he'd take 2.5 oz of milk in one go ? Now, he would drink 6 to 7 oz of milk in one sitting. He's no longer waking up at 3am for a feeding after he goes to bed. There are some nights when he makes it all the way till 7:30 or 8 in the morning before he cries for milk and there are some days (like this morning) when he wakes up hungry at 5a and I give him diluted milk.

Today, his schedule is roughly:
9a - 3 oz milk
12nn - 7 oz
2p - solids
5p - 7 oz
8p - solids
10p - 6 oz

Tomorrow is halloween, I will wake him up earlier so that he can take his afternoon nap earlier than usual too. I'd like to have him wake up refreshed from a nap before we go trick or treating with friends. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment