Swe-cha has made us so happy and proud when he expressed interest in eating adult-food last night by staring at my plate (okay, so it probably helped that dinner was lechon kawali and I was obviously eating it with gusto). I gave him a few pieces and he tasted and ate it. Unfortunately, he also gagged and threw up his dinner.
This lunch time, I gave him cut up pieces of macaroni and pieces of pork from a pork bone soup and some rice, he also picked them up, licked / tasted them, and swallowed some. Unfortunately (again), he also gagged and threw up his lunch.
It was the same story at dinner-time tonight.
So while I'm very sad and disappointed because he kept throwing up his meals, I was still happy because he kept picking up the chunks of food and eating them anyway - even after throwing up.
Tonight, he went to bed without any complaints and was asleep by 11p - this surprised me because he had been going to bed at 12mn and waking up at 10a since last week and today, I half-expected him to go to bed even later because both his usual 1.5 hr naps
turned into 3 hr naps today!
At 12:30am, he woke up, sat up, saw me and smiled. I went to him to "ta-ta" him back to sleep and when I touched him, he was very hot! His temperature was 101.x F (ear temp).
I called hubby in to help, we gave Swe-cha Tylenol directly, he wet-burped. We gave him Tylenol again mixed in with some milk, he threw this up after 30 minutes. At this time, since we had his diaper off anyway, I decided to take his rectal temperature and it was at 103 F. I thought about giving him Motrin but decided to call my sister (a pedia) and she advised us to give Swe-cha a sponge bath and Tylenol again after he settles down. We did that and so far, temp is down to 99 F (ear temp).
Achi isn't too fond of giving babies Ibuprofen, she says it is irritable to the stomach and since Swe-cha has been throwing up, he might not be able to take to motrin well.
I hope that he beats this quickly and that he sleeps soundly tonight. He's been tossing and turning and whimpering. kawawa naman.
Thankfully, he seems to be in a very good mood tonight, not sungit at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment