We went malling for the first time this afternoon and Swe-cha made me so proud. He mostly stayed in his stroller, he drank 7 oz of milk when I fed him (we sat by the benches near the fitting rooms) and he fell asleep shortly after that. He did wake up after around 40 - 45 minutes, this was much shorter than his usual afternoon naps (1.5 to 2 hrs) but I'm not worried.
Our original plan was just to go to Macy's but he was so well-behaved and he did take a nap and fed well that we were even able to go out into the mall and check out a couple of shops. We were even able to sit down for frappuccinos while Swe-cha wiped the table with a piece of napkin that I gave him.
On the way home, we even decided on an impromptu trip to the asian market to stock up on some groceries as our refrigerator is almost empty - I haven't been going out lately as I didn't want to take Swe-cha out in the cold weather so there has not been any chance to do any shopping at all. By this time, Swe-cha was already tired from being tied up (in his stroller and car seat) all day so I decided to just carry him around. Sore arms aside, we enjoyed our walk around the aisles. Even Daddy, who had to run back and forth to retrieve fallen shoes, enjoyed himself.
I do not know how this affects his schedule but it's going to be a bit messed up anyway since I woke him up earlier than usual yesterday morning so we could get to a lunch party on time (my plan failed, by the way) and there's that time change to consider today (end of DST). But in retrospect, I don't know why we were so scared of bringing him out. Our boy is a big boy now and he is very interested in seeing new sights.
No comments:
Post a Comment